For most people who want to study another language, English is still the first option, and for a good reason, because it is the language of diplomacy, business, and popular culture. Approximately 1.5 billion people today speak it, on all five continents, and that is why English is considered the “language of the world”. But, in addition to this language, what others are important to the world and why? In this article we´ll be talking about the Best languages to study in 2021.
Although there is no real way to quantify the result in a specific language and its impact on the world, there are some factors that allow us to make a fairly reasonable list. Here it is, without any specific order.
- 70 million people speak Italian (although 80% in Italy and the other 20% in the rest of the
- It is the official language in Italy, Switzerland, San Marino and the Vatican.
- It is partially spoken in 11 countries, especially those with a large Italian community, such as Argentina, Germany, Australia and the United States.
- It is the official language of 21 countries.
- It has so many native speakers that it is the second most spoken language in the world.
- Those who speak it as a first or second language account for approximately 500 million people.
- It is also one of the official languages of the UN, the World Trade Union, and the North American Free Trade Agreement, and that is why it should not be missing from the curricula of future diplomats, politicians, workers in the immigration sector, travel or tourism, among many other professions.
- It has more than 200 million native speakers and increasing, which makes it the sixth most spoken language.
- 11 countries and regions, including, of course, Portugal and Brazil, speak Portuguese.
- Brazil, the South American giant, is undoubtedly an emerging power. For insightful polyglots, adding Brazilian Portuguese to the curriculum can be a strategic step to improve employability in Latin America.
- Another good news is that Portuguese is not very difficult to learn, especially if you already speak a Romance language.
- It owes its importance to the fact that it is spoken by more than 800 millions of people.
- The growth of the Chinese economy also contributes to the spread of its learning around the world. China is an important trading partner of most countries in the world.
- If you want to work in Asia, learning Chinese will give you more opportunities.
- Despite its particular pronunciation, Mandarin Chinese has a relatively simple grammatical structure and has no verb conjugations or distinctions between gender and number.
- French is the ninth most spoken language in the world, and the only one, along with English, spoken on all five continents.
- It is the official language in 32 countries and is the native language of 80 million people.
- It is estimated that more than 200 million people around the world speak French.
- France is one of the tourist centers of Europe, which makes this language a good choice for tourist guide careers, hotel managers and other workers in the sector.
- For those who study political science or are interested in working in diplomacy, knowing French is a clear advantage.
- If you know English or Spanish, studying French will be much easier to understand because of the similarities between these two languages.
Whichever you choose will be an excellent option. Precisely, these five languages are the ones that we teach here in Lingua. Enter this link to know more about the programs we offer:
What are you waiting for? Learn any of them with us now!