Work with Usbr>
Lingua Language Center is always seeking to hire certified English and foreign language faculty, translators and interpreters.
welcomes the opportunity to hire qualified instructors to enrich its faculty. Applications may be addressed to Carolyn Hernandez, School Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your Résumés, credentials and references.
Professional translators and interpreters, please submit your Résumés to Gabriela Chanquinga at email@example.com, including your credentials and references. Please also indicate your working language pair combinations.
Lingua is currently hiring faculty for all its language training programs in the tri-county South Florida areas of Broward, Miami -Dade and the Palm Beach Counties-, and also in the Metro Orlando area in Central Florida (for corporate clients). Lingua also seeks instructors to participate in an interactive virtual/distance learning (IDL) program (for a focus group).
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as, the languages taught, Modern Languages, Applied Linguistics and/or Literature, English, Education, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in another field: at least three years of teaching experience and/or TESOL Endorsement (this endorsement is required for English instructors only, with degrees in non-related fields)
- Master’s degrees or Ph.D. a plus
- Excellent verbal communication skills, creative and dynamic classroom presence, detail-oriented
We seek instructors with initiative, efficiency, motivation and flexibility, who also have excellent teaching skills and native proficiency in the language(s) taught (verbal communication, grammar and structures).
Instructors are also required to have the ability to gain the interest of students in active practice, assess student needs, keep organized lesson plans, manage assessment and evaluation forms, attendance rosters, include extracurricular supplemental material, plan and participate in holiday and special events to further student learning, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- ATA Certification; or
- State Certification; or
- Federal Certification; or
- Foreign Certification with appropriate translation and evaluation of credentials Industry-specialization a plus
Lingua offers a very competitive pay rate as a contractor for language instructors, among all the language schools in Florida. Lingua's compensation for translators and interpreters is also very competitive worldwide. If you or someone you know meets these requirements and is interested in a rewarding position and a great work environment, please submit your Résumé or have your colleague submit his/hers. We look forward to meeting you and discussing employment opportunities in person.
* Lingua is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status, disabilities or physical challenges.
If you or someone you know possesses these traits and is interested, please submit your Résumé or have your colleague submit his/hers. We look forward to meeting you and discuss employment opportunities in person.
Lingua offers competitive pay and is often positioned as the highest paying contractor of language instructors among all the language schools in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Lingua is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status, disabilities or physical challenges.